With all due respect, what I wish to defend is just as large as the Earth.
|— Akira Agarkar Yamada||”|
|Akira Agarkar Yamada|
|Rōmaji||Akira Agarukāru Yamada|
|Weight||58kg (165 lb)|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|JP Seiyuu||Tomokazu Sugita|
|English Voice Actor||Josh Grelle|
Having being older than much of the cast, Akira beholds a much more mature, defined face, with sharpened, gray eyes. Being from Arabia, he has tanned skin in comparison to others, and black hair that pokes out of the sides of his brown turban. Typically, he is seen wearing his black D.U.C.K. suit, however, due to the fact the anime displays several different outfits for each character, this can differ. Unlike most D.U.C.K. members, Akira does not don the required sunglasses that should par with the dress code.
Something notable about his design is how he is always carrying, if not, is always with his partner, Tapioca.
Akira appears to be mysterious and rather stoic - not much is known about him. He often spies on Yuki, Haru, and Natsuki from a safe distance and talks to his duck named Tapioca. Despite being much older than the three, he was able to enroll into their high school. He seems to be unafraid to voice his opinion; acting brief and business-like. He also appears to have a liking to the local Enoshima food. He is a bit intimidating, because of his abrupt ways, but generally seems to be a kind man at heart. It has also been revealed that he hates jokes, especially puns.
When he comes to trust somebody, he loosens up considerably, revealing a more immature side.
Not much is revealed in the anime to who Akira was before he joined D.U.C.K.
However, there are some clues to what his past was like in official sources. In a character Q&A, it is revealed he has a "public" reason and a "real" reason to why he had joined D.U.C.K. in the first place, only revealing his "public" reason. This "public" reason is that he had joined D.U.C.K. due to his life being saved by a certain alien, and since that encounter, he had desired to return the favor. It is unknown who this "certain alien" is, or what his real reason for joining D.U.C.K. is.
It is revealed that he and Tapioca first met after D.U.C.K. had assigned them as partners. Prior to Enoshima, Akira and Tapioca were stationed in Missoula, Montana.
- The 'Aki' in アキラ (Akira) sounds the same as 秋 meaning autumn. Along with Haru, Akira, and Natsuki, all their names are meant to reference one of the seasons.
- He is sikh.
- His three sizes are 95-81-98. 
- Inside Akira's turban, there is "love, courage, ham, and a spoon." 
- Akira is single. 
- Akira does not take baths, rather showers. 
- His suit and turban are both D.U.C.K. uniform, and thus it is his usual clothing. Akira likes casual clothing that defines his silouhette. 
- He finds alone time to be the most important thing to him, "alone" even excluding Tapioca. 
- Akira likes physics as it connects both to Earth and aliens, and does not like his own language. It is unknown if he means his native language or Japanese. 
- He once wrote "I won't acknowledge this question" on a test concerning this language, and failed due to it. 
- As a hobby, he enjoys playing chess, cricket, field hocky, kabaddi, and Monopoly. 
- Akira enjoys tapioca desserts due to its texture, and dislikes natto for the same reason. 
- His favorite motto is "The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on." According to Akira, it has two meanings in Arabia, and he feels depth in both meanings. 
- His blood type is AB.
- In Japanese culture, blood type AB people are said to be cool, controlled, and rational.